MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Carter Reed - Tijan A dark, fast-paced, intense romance...and I loved it!

Emma's in trouble, and not just with anyone one, but the mob. With no where to turn, she heeds her late brother's advice, and heads to the one person she fears may be the only one who will help her...Carter Reed.

The relationship between Carter and Emma was intense. Though some may argue it was too instant, I fell into it just as much as I fell into everything else this book provided. Though Emma could get a bit whiny, I loved her strength in the beginning and how even though she's the one in need of help, all she cares about is Carter being safe.

Carter Reed..swoon central. He was fierce, and at the end of the day, his only concern was Emma...nothing else. Hell, he was willing to get rid of Theresa, but then again she was acting like an airhead about the situation, so I wasn't surprised

My only complaint is that the side characters could have been fleshed out a little better. We are introduced to quite a few in the beginning, but I wish we could have gotten a better understanding of them. Still, this book was so hard to put down, that I couldn't care.

There was action, romance, and lots of swoon...so basically, read it. Especially if your looking for something different in the NA genre.