MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Off Limits (Off Series, #2) - Sawyer Bennett 3.5 stars

Okay, so I was new to Sawyer Bennett, until I read her latest book, [b:Off Course|18136455|Off Course (Off Series, #4)|Sawyer Bennett|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1373623519s/18136455.jpg|25477841], and loved it! For the most part, I knew that The Off Series' books can be read as standalones, so after, Off Course, I checked out the rest of the series and based on the reviews, I decided to read this one next.

Now don't get me wrong, this book is good, really good even at some points. It has a decent pace and the romance between Nix and Emily was nicely and slowly built, which I felt was appropriate considering all the things Nix had been through. I also enjoyed the dual POV that Bennett infused into her story, since it helped clear up everything and kept me endeared to Nix especially.

That said, it lacked some of the spark that made me fall for Bennett's other book (which I know it's unfair to maybe compare the two, but it is what it is I guess). I found Nix to be a bit too surly and I could't get a read on some of Emily's actions. Also, by having of lot of the action narrated and not shown (like many of the times they hung out), I'm not quite sure I felt the shift in their relationship between acquaintances (which with Nix's lack of communication is what these two were) to the whole being in love with one another. Still, this story has peaked my interest into reading others in the series and after loving Off Course, I know Sawyer Bennett has something about her writing that can make me fall for her stories.