MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) - Jessica Sorensen This to me was just good. I think that if this was the first book I read from Jessica Sorensen, my rating would have been that much higher. That said, it wasn't, because I had the pleasure of reading Ella and Micha's story before this. Compared to that, this story paled.

Yes, I did like the characters and followed their storyline pretty well, but I didn't find myself really caring about them, not really. Also, there was a lot of heavy stuff that kind of made it hard to believe Kayden and Callie would want to enter into a romantic relationship. The ending was more of a none-ending than a cliffhanger, and while I didn't enjoy it, I also didn't feel that gut-wrenching sorrow most people have expressed having felt in their reviews.

What I'm trying to say is, I neither hated nor loved this. It was an okay read, but I really wish (after having seen what Sorensen can do) that this had been a much more impacting and compelling read for me.