MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4) - Abbi Glines "She thought I was like Cage and the right girl could tame me. It wasn't about that. I didn't need taming. I needed fucking saving" - Preston

Just for Now is honesty awesome!

When I saw that Amanda and Preston were getting their own story, which was something that was subtly suggested at in [b:While It Lasts|13496738|While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)|Abbi Glines|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1332261619s/13496738.jpg|19040270], I was ecstatic. I don't know why, but I honestly wanted to get to know Amanda and Preston, since both had been mentioned since the beginning of the series. Even so, Abbi Glines really surprised me with this one!

From the books previous to this, you would think you have a clear picture of Preston. One would assume he's just like Cage, a party boy who likes to hook up and doesn't care to be responsible for anything or anyone. Boy was I wrong with that impression! Preston might act like Cage, and while Cage does have his issues, they're are nothing like the kind of baggage Preston is carrying.

Preston comes from a trailer park, and except for Amanda at one point in the story, nome of Preston's friends have ever been there. The truth is that Preston's mom is an alcoholic dead-beat and while Preston survived her, he still has to look out for his three younger siblings. Due to his age and lack of a steady job or income, Preston can't take Brent, Jimmy and Daisy away, but he can make sure they're well taken care of in other respects. Therefore, the kind of jobs Preston's has to do basically prostituting himself to come up with the money are not at all ideal. But then again, when you read the book, you realize that the situation really sucks.

In the midst of all of this comes Amanda Hardy. She is Sadie's best friend and Marcus' little sister. Because of that last fact, Amanda is seriously babied by most of Marcus' friends, but she wants to change that, especially since she now has her sights set on Preston.

They way their relationship starts out was sort of strained. Because of what he does, Preston keeps pushing Amanda away, and Amanda thinks it's because she's not good enough. Still, these two are like magnets and they keep coming back to one another. The chemistry between them was explosive and fun to watch, even if they both didn't understand what was going on. When Amanda helps Preston when Daisy gets sick, it becomes a real turning point for them. Still, the relationship has some big secrets hanging over it and when those are brought to the light, they really test Amanda's love for Preston.

All in all, this is one of my favorite Abbi Glines book! The relationship between Preston and Amanda is what I've come to love about reading Glines' books. It's romantic and sexy, but that doesn't exempt it from having to face hardships. I loved how Amanda never gave up on Preston and helped him see that he too was worthy of love. I also loved the part with Rock and Trisha. This is a definite must read if you're into contemporary romances and Abbi Glines!