MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
The Iron King - Julie Kagawa Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

I literally could not put this down and when I did, all I could think about was getting back to it. I loved the characters. Puck was as charming and funny as Ash was mysterious and alluring. And Ash...don't even get me started on him...my heart raced everytime he appeared on the page. Megan was also a cool main character. She was the right cross between a strong, level- headed female lead and a normal/everyday teenager with insercurities and fears.

The plot was nice, it kept up a really nice pace. Surprisingly, for such intricate world building, I did not feel overwhelmed at any time by Julie Kagawa's narration. She kept it moving with action packed scenes and great character development and dialogue. And also, it did not feel cliche. Kagawa's faries and characters were not that of fun-loving, peter-panish creatures disney likes to present. Instead they were wicked, cool, calculating and very much deserving of fear. Making a deal with one of them could literally cost you your life...or your first-born.

Still, i loved it. As some have already pointed out, reading the Iron King was like falling down Alice in Wonderland's rabbit hole. You never knew what to expect and even when you did, you were still nervous of how things would play out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

"This isn't good," he murmured, his voice curiously shaken. But he still didn't release me. I closed my eyes and listened to his rapid hearteat.

"I know," I whispered back.

"The Courts would kill us if they found out."

"Yeah"

"Mab would accuse me of treason. Oberon would believe I'm turning you against him. They'd both see grounds for banishment, or execution."

"I'm sorry."

He sighed, burying his face in my hair. His breath was cool on my neck, and I shivered. Neither of us said anything for what seemed a long time.

"We'll think of something," I ventured.

He nodded wordlessly..