MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Charade - Nyrae Dawn "Just know that you can. I won’t tell. I might not be able to do much for you, but I’ll hold your secrets"

LOVED THIS BOOK!

Honestly, I saw this book a long time ago, thought I would read it when it came out but then it did and I didn't. Even though I heard a ton of great things about it, I just couldn't get myself around to picking it up. Then, on Valentine's Day I was looking for something good...something romantic :) Turns out Nyrae Dawn had a sale on this and Measuring Up and after reading Charade, I'm kicking myself for not picking up both at such a great deal!

Charade was a breath of fresh air. I love romance books and this genre of New Adult is really appealing to me. Even so, this whole boy meets girl, they fall in love, big misuderstanding, break up, make up formula can get rather redundant. This wasn't the case with Colton and Cheyenne. They were both rather broken, for lack of a better word, and I loved them for it. They were real.

Someone in their review said this book was too simple in terms of things like last names or proper names for places, but I disagree. That simplicity made it more real for me. Like I could go to my local coffee shop tomorrow and meet Colton, or even that I could be friends with someone like Cheyenne. There was an intimacy and maybe it's the way of writing that Nyrae Dawn injected into her story, but I honestly felt like I knew these two. I loved that they didn't beat around the bush with each other, and even when they were playing a game for the world, they never played a game with each other. I loved how Colton protected Chey, and how she gave him strength. Their love was beautiful and I appreciated that the author didn't diminish that by adding unnecesary drama or a ridiculous misunderstaning.

All in all, this is one of my new favorite reads. I'll definitely be picking up other books by this author and now I can't wait for [b:Facade|16150320|Facade (Games, #2)|Nyrae Dawn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1357817102s/16150320.jpg|21985997].