MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Obsidian (Lux, #1) - Jennifer L. Armentrout Was such a complete 5 star book, but it slipped a bit because of that FRUSTRATING ending. But still, now I can't wait for the next one. First of, I loved Katy. She is kick-ass. She might think she's a bystander, but the way she grows and refuses to let people treat her wrong or order her around is great. I rarely see such strong female protagonist, without going overboard into the annoyingly independent realm. Now Daemon...oh Daemon, he is so...there are too many adjectives for him. His constant bickering with Katy was fun to read, though his hot and cold attitude amused me as much as it frustrated me. Other characters were fun to read about, but I hope we get a better feel of them in upcoming books...and I so cannot wait to see what will happen between Katy and Daemon....their chemistry was hot :) Basically, pick this up. I thought I was going to like it, but I had no idea how much i would love it. I could barely put it down!