MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Hopeless (Hopeless, #1) - Colleen Hoover There are no words to describe how I felt about this book except to say there really is a beauty in truth, even when it's this raw. Honestly, Colleen Hoover blew me out of the water with this one! I was put off reading it initially because a lot of other reviewers made it sound intense and depressing, which in all honesty is so far from the truth. This book is awesome and real. Both the writing and the story flowed in a way that was surprising, given the fact of both its length and originally self-published status, which only makes me that much more happy to have found a gem like this! Sky and Holder are two of the best characters whose journey I've had the delight to read. Yes, it wasn't always a smooth one, but I cried and laughed and swooned and was overall so happy when everything was done and said. This to me is a definite must read, even if it's only to see all the beautiful things Dean Holder can say!

“You wanted to lick my face the first time you saw me? Is that usually what you do when you’re attracted to guys?”

I shake my head. “Not your face, your dimple. And no. You’re the only guy I’ve ever had the urge to lick.”

He smiles at me confidently. “Good. Because you’re the only girl I’ve ever had the urge to love.”