MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Saving Grace (Mad World, #2) - Christine Zolendz So disappointed that I have to give this rating. I don't get it, I thought I was going to love this. The first book was amazing but this one...this one was tolerable at best. The paranormal aspect was lukewarm and the romance was horrible. I actually found myself skimming through pages towards the end. This book and the one previous to it felt like a big build up to something that was wrapped up way too easily. There was so much the author could have done with the whole Gabriel situation but instead we got a lot of confusing back and forth with just about everybody getting drunk to deal with their problems.

As delicious as Shane was in the first book, he wasn't always as awesome here. All he and Grace seemed capable of doing was lusting over each other before bringing on the insults. To be honest, I don't think I could be with a guy who treated me like Shane did, nor could I understand how Shane wanted to be with Grace after she constantly reduced him to a lost cause, manwhore. Either way, I did love the first book and in the future I might still read other books by this author. Sadly though, this one wasn't my cup of tea.