MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #3) - J.A. Redmerski By far one of the best books I've read this year.

It starts off right around were Kindred left off. Adria survived the Turn but she and Isaac still have to deal with an unknown traitor in their midsts. Not to mention that Trajan is becoming restless, wanting Adria to help him figure out what Aramei is trying to tell him.

I have to say that for such a long book, with more than a few storylines, the writing flowed seamlessly. I never felt like Redmerski was dragging out certain parts, but rather all the twists and turns in the story had me completely enraptured, to the point that I read this book in a day.

My favorite element in Redmerski's story were her characters. Adria was so strong and her willingness to do the right thing by everyone around her was touching. The love between her and Isaac kept a big smile on my face throughout the entire story. Isaac was so sweet and protective of Adria while at the same time still managing to be the tough Alpha. In this book he was more lovable than ever. My other favrite character was Nathan. Though he comes off as a goffball and ladies man, that is so not the case. His character was given a lot more depth in this installment, letting the reader see how loving, concerned and protective Nathan is about Adria, Isaac and his entire family. Other characters like Zia, Sebastian, Daisy and Harry play important roles, but I won't spoil them for you. What I will say is that Redmerski managed to shock me quite a few times. I was definitely not expecting some of the plot twists she dropped. Other characters are also re-introduced which was nice, seeing as it gave the reader a better sense of closure. Also, as the title states, Aramei gets one of the largest roles in the book. I won't say much about it though, lest to say there is a lot more to her and her past than what Sybil told Adria in the first book.

All in all this series was good, but out of the three, this book was fantastic! I couldn't put it down and my thoughts throughout the day never strayed far from this. As far as I'm concerned, this is a definite must buy!