MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Flight - Alyssa Rose Ivy about a 3.5

Was hoping for more from the plotline.

The premise was good, but the book was rather short. I didn't feel a strong love connection between the characters. They moved rather quickly, aka intense kissing without first date, and though I believe they care for one another, it would be interesting to see their feelings develop more. Even so, I really enjoyed how protective Levi was, definitely endearing in my opinion. I loved the setting, it felt like what I think New Orleans is like and that made me smile. The paranormal concept was definitely different but I wish we got to read more about it. Hence, it wasn't as thrilling as I hoped it to be. The ending was also abrupt and there were many loose ends left over. Even so, I can see a potential and might be tempted to pick up the next one in this series.