MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Vengeance - Michelle Madow As short stories go, this one was really interesting. When I read Remembrance, I knew Madow would write a continuation, because even though Lizzie got the guy, her story didn't feel finished yet. Though short, this story tells us a lot about how Chelsea (Lizzies best friend) felt about Lizzie and Drew's relationship. I got the impression that its told a couple of days after the events of Remembrance, and it is completely from Chelsea's point of view. Even if I don't agree with Chelsea, I do simpathize with her. It's not easy to deal with that kind of betrayl, especially according to Chelsea's way of viewing. I'm really interested to see how the lady from the shop (vague, I know, but I don't want to spoil it) will factor into the next book. Her motives aren't 100% clear so that makes me that more anxious to figure them out. Still, I won't say more because I don't want to ruin the story for anyone, but I will say that I am really looking foward to the next book, especially after the curve ball Madow throws here! If you liked Remebrance, than you'll enjoy this short. And if you haven't read Remembrance, than I suggest you do, because the story was lovely.