MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2) - Bonnie Erina Wheeler Really good sequel! After almost a year after reading Fate Fixed, I was surprised at how easy it was for me to fall back into the Erris. I could definetly detect a growth in the authors writing, and though the book started out slower than the last one, the world building packed a good punch and kept me avidly turning pages. Though this book wasn't as romance centered as I expected I was quite happy with how Liz and Branden's relationship played out. I could see them falling in love and when they finally do get together it was sweet and very believable. I have to say though, that Torin is still my favorite Erris guy :) With that said, I loved Liz. She was head strong and independent while still maintaining a fragility about her that endeared me to her. Like Branden she always acted out of concern for others and her personality really complimented Branden's strength. My only small complaint is that we didn't get to read as much about Erris or the secondary characters as we did in Fate Fixed. I really enjoyed what they contributed to the last story and hope to see more of characters like Brooke, Theo, Endellion and Donovan to mention a few in the next book. All in all, I can't wait to see what more this author can do with this series. I hope in the next books we get more of Tegan and Cian and their love stories and who know, maybe Riley's too?