MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Limits - Steph Campbell, Liz Reinhardt Okay, so I got this as part of a summer solstice sale the authors we're having, and at 0.99 cents, this was definitely a steal!

This is the third installment in the Length series (though I haven't read the previous two) and it seems like a standalone since It was pretty easy to understand without much reference to the previous books. The general gist is that Adam Abramowitz is a grad student working on his thesis. That said, he has limited time on his student visa and is about to be deported. Enter Genevieve Rodriguez, whom Adam is tutoring. Though she might seem flimsy or careless, Genevieve is dealing with a lot of emotional toil and is a little lost a the beginning of the book. She proposes to Adam to try and solve his problem, but what starts out as a sham can quickly become the truth.

I loved this story as honestly the perfect beach (which is where I'm at right now) or summer read. The story had great pacing, and though many problems arose, there wasn't the usual angst that you see acompany this genre (which was a nice change). My favorite part of course was the characters. Though Adam seems like a geek, he has just enough Alpha in him to make me swoon and be nicely suprised at the same time. He honestly has feelings for Gen at the beginning, and though everything has to be put on fastfoward, he always shows how deep his feelings are for her in every action he takes. Genevieve was also a fun character, though she could get annoying at times. She's kind of stuck at a place in her life, her gaze set on a door that's closed without mananging to see all the open windows around her. Even so, she quickly develops feeling for Adam, and though they both muddle their way through a couple of things, the end result was beutiful and left me with an extremely satisfied feeling. Now I'm more than interested to read Whit and Deo's story!