MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2) - Abbi Glines By far this one is my least favorite Abbi Glines book, which is weird, because I almost always love everything she writes, but this one didn't do it for me.

This one follows the story of Marcus Hardy, Sadie's Whites co-worker from the Stone home and someone who was very much interested in her as well. Still, since she picked Jax, that didn't work out for him. Marcus is in college initially (out of state) but has to come back home to deal with the fallout caused by Marcus' dad cheating on his mom. While he's back home, he needs a place to stay and does so at Cage's (a friend of Marcus' other friends). To be honest I like Cage right as much as I liked Low which wasn't a lot, so it surpised me when I loved [b:While It Lasts|13496738|While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)|Abbi Glines|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1332261619s/13496738.jpg|19040270]. Still, in this book he was a total man whore who honestly had the crazy idea that he could sleep around and still get to marry his best friend Willow. Willow, or Low, has some serious issues. She and Cage have this co-dependency during most of the book that was scary. I mean come on, she has this handsome and seriously nice guy pining for her, but she always needs Cage There was this moment, after Marcus took Low to the concert, where everything is just perfect between them. But then, Low goes to look for her Jarritos and when she doesn't see them, she totally freaks out and wants Cage. That's when the story just took a nosedive for me. She says Marcus will leave her and Cage won't, yet Marcus is in love with her and is faithful to her and she pushes him away with things like this. So yeah, I wasn't a Low fan

The relationship between Marcus and Low also wasn't my favorite out of the series. Maybe it was because of the Low things, but I felt they didn't have as good a chemistry. The plot twist towards the end was sort of predictable once you were half way through the book, but it worked in the storyline. All in all, though I honestly disliked this book, I do whole heartedly recommend the entire series. I also know many people loved Marcus and Low, so maybe it was just me that was having the issue :)