MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3) - Abbi Glines More like a 4.5

I have to say that While It Lasts really surprised me. I love Abbi Glines and her other series (The Vincent Boys and Existence) are really some of my favorites. With that said, I really wasn't a fan of the Sea Breeze series. I didn't feel that spark or connection that I did to her other characters. With that in mind, I was more than certain that I wouldn't read this book, let alone like it if I did. It's good to be wrong sometimes :)

While It Lasts really blew me away. The blurb had the makings of a harlequin like novel, but the story never took that turn. Cage York isn't your typical bad boy and neither is Eva Brooks your typical good girl. They are two people who have been burned and hurt more in their life than two young people should have to go through. The prologue had me in tears and gave me such an insight into Eva's pain. Then 18 months later, in comes Cage, who came off as such a playboy in Because of Low. Yet as the story progresses, we get so much growth from both Eva and Cage. They're fears and insecurities were real and in the end they didn't want to hurt one another. It was great to see both fall into real love, not the kind they had built up with Josh and Low which centered more around stability and security.

It's good to know these two will get another story, because though the ending was good, there are still a couple of unresolved issues that will be interesting to see play out in the next one. Even so, deifinetly pick this one up. It's Abbi Glines at what she does best and I can't wait to see what more she can dish out.