MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Making You Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #5) - Elizabeth Reyes More of a 3.5 though that epilogue and short story threatened to bump it up.

Okay this was seriously one of my favorite series of 2011! After reading Alex's story at the end of last summer, I was anxious to see Sal find his own love interest. Though I liked reading Sofie and Romero's stories, this was still the one I was most excited for.

At the beginning I was worried. I won't lie but this book started out a lot slower than the other ones for me, yet Sal and Grace's characters really compelled me to continue with their story. Grace is the kind of girl I can relate to. Though her self-esteem obviously needed some adjustment, there was a strength about her that really endeared me to this gentle soul. Sal on the other hand, was truly a Moreno. No amount of level headedness or patience could have prepared him for meeting Grace, and in the end we learn that even he has some alpha about him (though not quite to the levelthat Angel and Alex shared). His and Grace's relationship progressed really nicely throughout the book and I genuinely suffered with them when a wrench was thrown in their plans. We also got to see a lot more of all the other characters in the Moreno Brothers series which only made me smile that much more.

My only complaint was that sometimes the story didn't seem to flow as gracefully as the other books. I don't know if i was tired or excited, but i found myself re-reading certain parts just to understand them better. Also, the whole Melissa thing (whose namesake I clearly don't share, jeje) was to some extent pretty obvious though i was still suprised with the extreme she took things. Even so, the book was a great addition to the series. New characters introduced in this ebook were also sweet. Joey and Taylor were hilarious and I really loved how much they cared about each other and Grace. Rose, Grace's sister, was nice, though I couldn't get a complete picture about her character, just about how Grace viewed her. Stil, Elizabeth Reyes better be planning on giving us some closure with Rose and Vince..especially after that epilogue left me reeling as to what exactly happened between these two!

Speaking of which, the epilogue was fabulous! I found myself with a huge smile througout reading the whole thing and that could only be topped by what followed it, Angel and Sarah's short story! To be honest, I really missed these two. I thought they were kind of forgotten towards the end of the series which sucked since they were hands down my favorite couple (followed by Alex and Valerie), and it was great to read even a bit more about them. The short story gave a great closure to Sarah and Angel's love story and in short, the perfect ending to an incredible series.

Consensus: If you haven't read a book in this series or are on the fence about it, go out and download them. As an independent author, Elizabeth Reyes really amazes me with her ebooks. These books provide swoon-worthy romances with a healthy dose of tears and laughter infused into them. At the end, even you will feel apart of the Moreno family!