MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Romero (The Moreno Brothers, #4) - Elizabeth Reyes Personally, though I like Elizabeth Reyes' writing and I thought i'd love Romero's character, I wasn't too crazy about his and Izzy's relationship. I always got the impression that Romero would be this all around tough headed goofball with a possesive streak, but this was way over the top (and I thought Alex had set the bar on that one). Though I wasn't a fan of Isabel's family (some of them, because I liked Art) or their opinion of Romero, I couldn't help but feel that they were justified in thinking Romero had more than just some anger issues and being so worried about their daughter. Also, I really got tired of the lack of trust between these two. That coiled with Romero's sudden outbursts made this relationship one of my least favorite in the series. In another review, someone compared this story to Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, and though this couple doesn't even begin to rival the ups and downs in Travis and Abby's relationship, Romero and Isabel's relationship is just as explosive. So if you enjoyed that book (which I did) then you'll enjoy this one. Still, it was nice to read Romero's story. The ending was hilarious and more than well deserved for Romero, and I liked getting to see some of the other characters in the series and how their stories have evolved. I'm now looking foward to Sal's story since we got a lot more character development from him in this book. I have a feeling I'll enjoy that one a lot more, since my favorites in this series have been the ones concerning the original Moreno brothers.