MelissaN

Bookish and Sweet Reads

I love to read. It's always been my solace, and though the themes and covers may have changed, the excitement of immersing myself in the pages of a book has never diminished! So here's the chance to get into my thoughts and rambles; my loves and misses; and meet the books that make me soar :)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Walking Disaster
Jamie McGuire
Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1) - Elizabeth Reyes I originally downloaded this book as a sample on my kindle. The premise, probably because of the characters latin heritage, reminded me of perfect chemistry...but that's really where the comparison stops. This novel contains one of the sweetest/sexiest romance I've had the pleasure of reading in ya. I know some people may be off put by the intensity of Angel's (and his other brothers) character, but to me that just made him sexier. Sarah's character was also nice, if not a little naive. I'm not really sure I'd feel as she did about the Sidney dilemma and later on with the coach, but it added some good tension to the storyline. Still, though the story is mainly a romance, Reyes' set of characters really move the story along. By the end of it I really felt part of Angel and Sarah's group of friends! For being classified as a YA novel, it had some explicit sexual content so I wouldn't recommend this anyone younger than 17 or so.

Consensus: This book is literally all about a romance, so if you're not really into those kinds of books, I wouldn't recommed reading this. But if like me, you're a hopeless romantic at heart, go and pick this up. The price is great and I was really blown away by the fact that this was and independent author's work...cudos to Elizabeth Reyes for such great characters!